Supplies and Set Up for the One Day Method
- Conduct training in one room.
- Eliminate or minimize all interruptions and distractions, e.g., toys.
- Have a ready supply of child's favorite drinks, snacks, and treats.
- Use a potty chair designed so a child can easily dump it into the toilet.
- Have a boy doll that wets or girl doll that wets to demonstrate to the child the urination process.
- Make up a list of the persons and characters (real or fictional) the child admires to use to praise the child and indicate how pleased they will be to hear of the child's success.
- Make up reminder charts for pants inspections, prompted reminders and follow-up checklist
- Have at least eight pairs of training pants large enough for the child to easily lower and raise.
- Have child wear a short T-shirt that will not interfere with lowering and raising training pants. Teach child to grasp pants in the middle of the back, palm facing backward, and mid-front for easier lowering and raising.
- Wet wipes
|Need more potty training tips and advice on potty training problems or just general advice, check out all of our Potty Training Articles!|