Use Potty Chair or Potty SeatQuestion:
My son is now 19 mos old and has been using the big toilet successfully since age 14 mos.
He uses the toilet when I put him on the toilet after meals. Sometimes, he tells me he "has a poopoo coming" and "wants to sit on the toilet".
Now I really want to make the transition to fully potty trained and I want to use the one day method .
I already bought the Book and DVD set and found them very useful.
My question is: Should I use the big toilet instead of a potty chair since he is used to it?
The reasons are:
- The one day of training takes place in a large area of the house that has a hard surface, such as the kitchen or a wood floor living room.
- This gives you both plenty of "elbow" room for all the activity associated with training day.
- Using a small portable potty chair gives you access to one of these rooms.
- Your child will be making lots of practice potty trips to the potty and will learn to undress themselves, sit, dress, and empty the potty chair.
- A small potty chair will allow your child to do all of these exercises without risk of falling off a step stool at the toilet.
So, the bottom line is that a potty chair is more suitable for potty training in one day, but potty seats or the big toilet can be used - as long as you the parent have set up an environment for sucess - which includes considerations of comfort and safety for your child and yourself!
|Need more potty training tips and advice on potty training problems or just general advice, check out all of our Potty Training Articles!|