Potty Training in One Day
The "Big Day" Steps
- Use a doll that wets to imitate the processes of toileting and teach specific actions.
- When the doll urinates in the potty , teach the child to empty it into the toilet, flush and return the chair
- Teach the child to check and identify dry pants from wet pants.
- Give child as much to drink as desired to create a strong, frequent desire to toilet (at least 8oz/hr).
- Instruct child to walk to the potty, lower pants, sit down quietly for several minutes, stand up, and raise pants.
- After urination takes place, the have child wipe him or herself, and empty bowl.
- Increased number of trials.
- Conduct "dry pants" checks every 5 minutes, have child do it as well.
- At first, have child sit on the potty about 10 minutes; after two to three successful urinations into the potty and much praise, the child will begin to understand and prompting and sit time can be reduced.
- For next several days, do dry pants checks at meals, naps, bedtimes, etc., and praise each time pants are dry. Use the follow-up checklist sheet.
About Potty Training in One Day
Potty Training In One Day is a proven method to potty train your child; Your child will give up diapers on this day and will learn to pee on the potty and will also learn what is expected of him/her as far as going to the potty goes.
You on the other hand; will have to expend some time, effort and energy before this day by getting all the products together and then preparing your child and yourself for this day. You will have to mentally and physically get ready to handle potty accidents and clean ups from these potty accidents. After the big day, you will also have to clean up more potty accidents and follow up with your child and make sure that s/he is clear on what you expect from him/her.
Most people who choose to use this method are surprised by how quickly their child learns and that the potty accidents are limited to a few days. Most children will be accident free in one week, however, you have the ones that never have accidents, and then you have the ones that will have accidents for a couple of weeks.
Stick with it and your child will be accident free in two weeks or less!! No more diapers or pull-ups!!
The Potty Training Process
Preparation & Planning
"The Big Day"
The Follow Up
"So, does it really work?"Tell me more!
Potty Training in One Day - Book & DVD Set
If Potty Training in One Day interests you as a potty training method, then we strongly suggest that you consider purchasing this great combination set. The book will not only walk you through t ...
You save: $11.00 (33%)
Potty Training in One Day™ - A DVD for Today's Parents
Here's what you have been looking for - an instructional video featuring real parents and children demonstrating the most comprehensive and proven potty training method. "Potty Training In One ...
You save: $8.00 (45%)
Potty Training in One Day : A Guide for Today's Parents
Potty Training is one of the most challenging processes a parent faces. For some parents, this is a rewarding and memorable experience, while for others it can be a frustrating time. This bo ...
You save: $2.00 (13%)
Boy Potty Training Doll - Potty Scotty
Potty training dolls are a great potty training tool because they allow your toddler to potty train the doll. By teaching the doll how to go potty, your toddler is learning the correct behavior for w ...