Potty Training Boys - Helpful Checklist
When potty training boys you want to have a clear understanding of what potty training method or technique you want to use, have a plan for rewards, and a long term plan for night time, car rides and public restrooms. Toddler boys, in general, seem to be harder to potty train than girls, so you want to make sure that you have all the tools ready and accessible for your toddler to be successful. Here is a basic potty training checklist to get you started...
- Boys Potty Training Chairs (1 per floor)
- Potty Seats & Stools (1 per bathroom)
- Training Pants for Boys (6-12 pairs)
- Potty Training Dolls
- Books & DVDs (for kids & adults)
- Potty Training Aids for Boys
- Free Potty Training Charts
- Potty Watch (to remind your child)
- Toilet Targets
- Get rid of all diapers and pull ups, use training pants or "big boy" underwear
- Be CONSISTENT
- Scolding doesn't work, positive reinforcement DOES!
- Educate yourself FIRST, then teach your child the correct potty training steps
- Don't expect him to know how to go potty just because you do
- Have LOTS of dry practice runs
" The topic of teaching your little boy to urinate gets interesting when it comes to the choice of teaching him to stand vs. teaching him to sit. Here, we've gathered the opinions of some of the best experts in the field when it comes to potty training boys. We will start with the ..." Read More
" We know that one of the primary principles of parenting is the idea that our kids learn expected behaviors best when they're able to see the behavior modeled for them. This is precisely the reason why the Potty Scotty and Potty Patty training dolls are so effective in teaching children how to u ..." Read More
" Here are some great tips for potty training boys. If you decide to teach you son to pee standing up, have him "sink the battle ship" Use Potty Scotty toilet targets , toilet paper, cheerios, or even ice cubes colored with food coloring and have your child ..." Read More
" Initially, the bathroom may have seemed like a very forbidding place to your child . They might have noticed that the door to this room stays closed most of the time, and that you close the door after you when you go in. In all likelihood, they'd grown accustomed to being changed in the bedroom, m ..." Read More
" Here are a number of potty training tips directly to from ClubMom members. ClubMom ® is the premier online destination for moms, by moms — bringing together the best of what real moms have to say on topics they care about most. Through quality content submitted by thousands of mom con ..." Read More
- " My little boy apparently doesn't like dolls. When we first showed it to him, he wanted it put back i ..."
- " I used the Potty Training in a Day system to potty train my son who was 33 months old, and I cou ..."
- " The Potty Scotty Doll Dear Ms. Parpia, Thank you so much for your patience and und ..."
As Seen In...Press Kit
Our goal is to provide you with exceptional potty training products and information that will help you with your potty training efforts. If you choose the Potty Training in One Day technique for potty training, we have a great selection of products to that will help. With products including:
- Potty Training In One Day book that will walk you through the entire "potty training in one day" process, step by step.
- An anatomically correct boy potty training doll that is drink and wet-on-demand potty doll.
- Cloth training pants, toilet targets, potty watches and much more!
If you choose the "practice makes perfect" technique for potty training, we have potty training charts that will help you visually monitor your child's progress.